Free Tax Filing
As far as I am concerned, having to pay income tax is one of the most annoying facts of life. Actually, I can think of only one thing that is more annoying than having to pay income tax and that is having to pay for preparing and filing to pay income tax. That is simply and unequivocally, adding insult to injury and it happens year after year after year.
Thankfully, dear old Uncle Sam finally realized that he has been falling more and more out of favor with his compatriots due to his entire issue of income tax and has decided to give some of us a break.
If your gross income for 2013 was $57,000 or less, Uncle Sam has arranged for you a free filing option. And this option, Free File, will be available to you beginning in mid-January 2019 right in Uncle Sam’s own backyard, the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) website.
The Free File option will not only cost you nothing, it will also be painless and very, very easy. What more could you ask for?
- You could ask for a fast refund and that is exactly what you will get. If you qualify for a refund and are using Free File, it will be in your mailbox within ten or less days. If you choose to have your refund deposited directly to your bank account, you will be pleased to know that you will get your money back even sooner than you think.
- You could ask to have your taxes filed from a more accessible location that will not force you to fight the city traffic and then to drive around for thirty minutes before finding a parking spot. Your wish will be granted because you will have exactly that. With Free File, you will be able to file your taxes from the comfort of your own home computer.
- You could ask that your tax accountant keep his office open at hours that are much more convenient for you. The Free File option is so easy that you will no longer need your tax accountant. You will prepare your own taxes and you will be able to set your own schedule at any time during the day or night. The Free File option will be available to you twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week to use when you need to use it.
- You could ask to retain your “green” status by using less paper and that is exactly what the Free File option offers—a paperless tax preparation. All the trees in the world will be thankful.
- You could ask for reassurance that you are really capable of preparing your own tax returns. Relax! Free File features an automatic check for accuracy. If you make a mistake, Free File will find and correct it.
- You could ask for a confirmation that your filed taxes have been received by IRS. Free File will not keep you anxiously waiting and wondering whether your tax returns have been lost in the mail because you will get a quick receipt within forty-eight hours of your filing.
- You could ask that your personal information stay out of unsavory hands. Your data is one hundred percent safe and secure when you use Free File—guaranteed.
With so many of your questions answered so readily and to your complete satisfaction, it would make absolutely no sense for you not to use Free File. I know that I will, and I will not forget to thank Uncle Sam for offering it.
The IRS Free File Alliance Tax Program is a cooperation with participating top brand-name tax software companies that offer free online tax filing options for individuals and families to prepare and e-file their federal tax return for free. These participating companies provide this service through the IRS and some may offer free state tax filing along with the federal as well.
Top rated participating tax software companies like TurboTax Online help tax filers and their families take advantage of tax deductions that they would normally miss without proper guidance. Many tax filers make the mistake of using the shortest, simplest form with a large percent filing a 1040-EZ. Unfortunately, with this approach there could be many tax deductions they are missing. Don't let this happen to you!!!
IRS Free File Tax Software
You can prepare and file your return with free tax software by using any of the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) Free File Partners. The IRS teamed up with nineteen income tax software companies to offer free or low-cost tax preparation to most Americans.
Free File Participating Tax Software Brands
TurboTax® Freedom Edition: Free federal online tax return preparation and e-file is offered to those with adjusted gross income AGI of $57,000 or less. This federal offer is valid in all 50 states.
H&R Block Free File: Free federal online tax return preparation and e-file if your adjusted gross income is $57,000 or less and you are age 51 or younger. This federal offer is valid in all states.
TaxACT Free Edition: Free federal online tax return preparation and e-file if your adjusted gross income (AGI) is $57,000 or less and you are age 19 through 55 years old. This federal offer is valid in all states.
Over and above these IRS free file sites, many more software developer offer Free File as well as free editions that don't have income limitations, like TurboTax Free Edition and HR Block Free Edition.
These unlimited income free editions shouldn't be confused with the free file editions - i.e. "TurboTax Freedom" free file, or "TurboTax Free Edition"
This IRS Free File program provides free federal income tax preparation and electronic filing for eligible taxpayers through a partnership between the Internal Revenue Service and the Free File Alliance LLC, a group of private sector tax software brands that have opted in to help American file their returns cheaply.
e-file with Free File and Free Editions of Online Tax Software
Free Editions of top tax software brands have become the popular do-it-yourself products to help you prepare and file your return without the hard work as they guide the tax filer one step at a time to their biggest refund.
Top software choices help you with the full spectrum of tax preparation from helping you calculate federal taxes to helping you take advantage of more tax deductions than you have in the past. Nearly all tax software products support e-file now and the IRS highly recommends that everyone use it as the safe and most secure way to file. With the advantages of e-file — your able to receive your refund in a fraction of the time of the old postal mail-in method.